Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tracy's Fabulous T-Shirt


Here are a couple of pictures of the t-shirt that Tracy made for me. First is a shot of the entire shirt so you can see that the painting of the heart is in pretty much the right spot. I am really impressed every time I look at the shirt.
Next up is a close up shot of the painting so you can see the detail she put into it. She told me that she looked at the drawings by the doctor that I have posted here and tried to get the arteries as close as she could to the real thing. She also said that originally she wanted to make "Dr. Seuss" like pipes but she couldn't figure out what they looked like so she settled for PVC pipes. I can't remember what "Dr. Seuss" pipes look like either and I am glad she did the PVC thing, I think it is perfect.
Now I need to figure out how to market the things to all of the hundreds of thousands of people that have heart surgery each year and start a business with Tracy and we can be millionaires! Anybody want to buy a personalized t-shirt to show off those stents or by-passes or both as in my case.
I think the design she settled on for the stents is great, little spring-like things. My cardiologist (Dr. Filardo) was very impressed with the shirt and studied it quite a while. He said that she did a pretty good job of getting the by-passes in the right place. He said that the one in the middle was almost perfect as to where it actually connects. I don;t really care how perfect it is, just that she cares about me enough to actually make things like this for me. She's a great sister and I love her with all of my old worn out heart!
Tracy had a heart attack too, about a year and a half ago. She is doing really well with her two stents and she also goes to see Dr. Filardo. She is the main reason I chose to see him in the first place. I was impressed with him when he talked to the family about her catheterization, and when it came time for me to find a new cardiologist he was my first choice.
Since I am showing off her handiwork I am also going to make her mad and post a photo of her, isn't she pretty?
Thanks for the shirt Tea Cup, I really appreciate it.

No comments: