Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Smoke em if you got em II

    I have had a lot of input from different people about the smoking thing. I have still not had a cigarette and I feel good about it. After not being able to smoke in the hospital it really wasn't all that hard to just continue to not smoke. Sure, I have urges at certain times, like after I eat a meal, but I just ignore the feeling and I make it through just fine.
    I always admired those people who could just decide to quit, and then stuck to it. My step-father's dad reportedly came home from work one day and threw his cigarettes in the pot-bellied stove and never smoked again. And somewhere along I-65, south of Indianapolis is a pack of Parliments that was thrown out of a moving car in 1987. Good job Bucko!
    I talk to friends who still smoke who say that they want to get some medicine to help them quit. I've been there too and know that they really don't want to quit yet, but they will, hopefully. I used to think about quitting, but at the same time I didn't want to, I loved those damned things! I could be stressed out and know that if I lit up everything would be fine. I could be hungry, but if I smoked a cigarette I wasn't hungry anymore. The cigarette was always there for me saying "It's okay, I'm here, everything will be just fine, just light up and relax." But now they are gone and I really don't miss them much.
    An old friend quit smoking over 30 years ago and I once asked if he ever missed them. He said "Every damned day!", I hope that's not the way it is for me, but if it is I'll still be alright.
    By the way, my taste is slowly getting better. We got a pizza the other day from Papa Murphy's, they have a "Lite" pizza. Wow it was good! I couldn't taste everything, but what I could was really great. We had some Dirty Rice with smoked sausage tonight but I couldn't taste much except the spiciness of the rice. I can't wait until all of my senses come back completely.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: